Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tiger Pillow Made with all Vintage Materials

 
I just finished this glamorous pillow and wanted to share it right away! I used some really rich materials on it, and so far, it's getting rave reviews!
 
The face of the pillow is made from vintage Italian silk and cotton blend jacquard depicting tigers and leopards standing on scrolls.  It's so Gianni Versace! The detail of this tiger is just incredible, right down to his stripes and eyes! The blue silk background has a very lovely royal sheen to it that really catches the sun.
  
The pillow is backed with with a vintage linen velvet from the famous Lelievre fabric house in France! I had a few different options in blue, but I was lucky to find one that matched the blue of the tiger fabric perfectly.

And the button collection from my Grandma came in handy! I added two of my favorite vintage rhinestone buttons to the large scroll above the tiger to give this pillow even more glamor. There's nothing like digging through the button tin :)

As always, I sewed the fabrics with vintage Kismet American Thread Company threads. Sewing with threads that are sixty to seventy-five years old is a true labor of love, but in my opinion, the threads are stronger and look more attractive than the threads sold today. 

This pillow is for sale now in my Etsy shop. Click on this link to be directed to the listing :)













3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is amazing, you have matched the fabrics beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pillow, love the majestic cats they have amazing detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! The pillow sold within hours of posting it on Etsy! I'm so excited :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...